Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back in the States

Hello!

First of all, I'm terribly sorry that I did not keep up with this blog like I intended on doing. I got really frustrated with trying to upload pictures, because it took forever due to slow internet....And I don't have an excuse for not updating sooner...blah blah blah excuses. Let's get to the pictures!

Students in the Standard 4 class at Epworth Methodist primary school.
Giving a container gardening lesson at Epworth. We planted hot peppers, sweet peppers, basil and cilantro.

Giving a lesson about growing vegetables in the classroom at Epworth.

Brady putting together the seedling box at ANRI. Note his bright pink nails...haha
Gravel diggin' at ANRI.  We had to move a lot of gravel over to the seedling house to put inside and around the edges of the seedling house where the netting was.

ANRI students helping us dig some gravel after they watched us dig for a while. I had to tease them a bit to get them going ("Too pretty to dig some gravel, boys?!")

ANRI students and teachers with UA students in front of the completed seedling structure!

The ladies with some awesome ANRI students.
Yummy food--Rice, cabbage, chicken, fried plantain, chicken tamale, banana cake and passion fruit juice.
Second get-away: Caye Caulker.  A very small and beautiful island.  The water is so clear and blue! I went snorkeling (unfortunately I have no underwater camera) and I saw a manatee, sea turtle, eel, nurse sharks, sting rays, lots and lots of fish and beautiful coral! The coral was so diverse and it was so neat seeing the schools of fish in the coral.


More Caye Caulker. Paradise!

Sunrise (5:30AM!) at Caye Caulker.

Fish at the Split--the beach on Caye Caulker.

Tandie with a tiny little hermit crab. We were fascinated by these little guys!
Beautiful Hibiscus. Everywhere. (Photo credit: Andrea Love)
Dr. Burgos, Brady and I at the "swinging chair place" (restaurant). I had grilled shrimp. Yum! (Photo credit: Nilda Burgos)
The Agriculture Team with Dr. Burgos and Dr. Popp. A good looking bunch, eh?

At sunrise on Caye Caulker...the few of us who made it up!
Ok, well that's all I will post for now, but I have a lot more pictures to share with you all and I promise I will! I don't have internet at my house right now, but I'm working on it....  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers